Welcome to this comprehensive guide that will take you through the top things to do in Nashville with teens. Known as the “Music City,” Nashville offers a vibrant mix of history, culture, and entertainment that will captivate visitors of all ages. Whether you’re a local looking for some exciting new activities or a tourist planning a memorable trip with your teenagers, this guide is here to help you make the most of your time in Nashville. From exploring iconic music venues to indulging in delicious southern cuisine, Nashville has something for everyone. So, let’s dive in and discover the ultimate experiences that will create unforgettable memories for you and your teens in this lively city.
Things to Do in Nashville Under 21
Nashville, also known as Music City, is a vibrant destination with a plethora of activities for visitors of all ages, including those under 21. Whether you’re a teenager or have younger companions, there are plenty of exciting options to explore. Here are some top attractions and activities in Nashville that cater to the under 21 crowd:
1. Visit the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum: Immerse yourself in the rich history of country music and learn about legendary artists through interactive exhibits and displays.
2. Experience live music on Lower Broadway: Take a stroll down Broadway and soak in the lively atmosphere of Nashville’s famous honky-tonk bars. While most venues have age restrictions after a certain time in the evening, many allow entry for all ages during the daytime.
3. Explore the Nashville Zoo: Spend a day at the Nashville Zoo, home to a wide range of animal species and exhibits. From giraffes to kangaroos, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
4. Discover the Adventure Science Center: Engage in hands-on learning experiences at the Adventure Science Center, where interactive exhibits and planetarium shows provide entertainment and education.
5. Take a tour of the Ryman Auditorium: Known as the “Mother Church of Country Music,” the Ryman Auditorium offers fascinating guided tours that showcase its historical significance in the music industry. Walk in the footsteps of famous musicians and stand on the iconic stage.
6. Enjoy outdoor activities in Centennial Park: Spend time in this urban park that features walking trails, a beautiful replica of the Parthenon, and open green spaces perfect for picnics or outdoor games.
7. Visit the Frist Art Museum: Explore the diverse world of art at the Frist Art Museum, which offers a variety of exhibitions and educational programs suitable for all ages.
8. Experience the Belle Meade Plantation: Step back in time and learn about the history of a grand antebellum estate. Take a guided tour of the mansion, stroll through the beautiful grounds, and even meet some friendly farm animals.
9. Go on a pedal tavern tour: For a unique and fun-filled experience, hop on a pedal tavern and explore Nashville’s famous neighborhoods while enjoying music, drinks, and good company.
10. Attend a sporting event: Nashville is home to professional sports teams such as the Tennessee Titans (NFL) and the Nashville Predators (NHL). Catching a game can be an exciting outing for sports enthusiasts.
Remember, while some venues may have age restrictions, there are still numerous options available for those under 21 to have an unforgettable time in Nashville.
Kid-Friendly Broadway Street in Nashville
Kid-Friendly Broadway Street in Nashville is a vibrant and lively area that offers a variety of attractions and entertainment suitable for children. Here are some key points to know about this family-friendly destination:
1. Attractions: Broadway Street is known for its iconic honky-tonk bars and live music venues, but there are also several attractions that cater specifically to children. These include:
– The Johnny Cash Museum: A museum dedicated to the life and career of the legendary country music artist, which features interactive exhibits and memorabilia.
– The Nashville Children’s Theatre: A professional theater company that produces shows for young audiences, offering a range of performances throughout the year.
– The Country Music Hall of Fame: While primarily focused on country music history, this museum also offers exhibits and programs designed for children, allowing them to explore the genre’s roots.
2. Entertainment: Broadway Street boasts a vibrant atmosphere with live music pouring out from various venues. While some establishments cater to a more adult crowd, there are also family-friendly options. Look for venues with live performances during the day or early evening, as these are often more suitable for children.
3. Dining: Many restaurants along Broadway Street offer menus that cater to younger palates.
From classic American fare to Southern specialties, there are plenty of options to satisfy even the pickiest eaters. Some establishments may also provide children’s menus or special offers for families.
4. Street Performers: As you stroll along Broadway Street, you’ll likely encounter a wide array of street performers showcasing their talents. From musicians to magicians, these entertainers add an extra layer of excitement and amusement for children and adults alike.
5. Shopping: Broadway Street is home to numerous shops and boutiques where you can find unique souvenirs, clothing, and accessories. While some stores cater more towards adult shoppers, there are often items available that may interest children, such as music-related merchandise or Nashville-themed toys.
6. Parades and Festivals: Throughout the year, Broadway Street plays host to various parades and festivals that offer family-friendly entertainment. From the Nashville Christmas Parade to the Fourth of July celebrations, these events bring an extra dose of fun and excitement to the area.
Overall, Kid-Friendly Broadway Street in Nashville provides a lively and entertaining experience for families visiting Music City. With its blend of attractions, entertainment, dining, and shopping, there’s something for everyone to enjoy, making it a memorable destination for children and adults alike.
The Main Fun Street in Nashville: A Vibrant Experience
The Main Fun Street in Nashville, also known as Broadway, is a vibrant and lively destination that offers a unique experience for visitors. Here are some key highlights:
1. Live Music: Broadway is renowned for its live music scene, with numerous honky-tonks and live music venues lining the street. From country and rock to blues and bluegrass, there is a wide variety of music genres to enjoy.
2. Legendary Bars and Restaurants: Broadway is home to iconic bars and restaurants that have become Nashville institutions. Visitors can indulge in delicious Southern cuisine while enjoying the lively atmosphere and southern hospitality.
3. Entertainment: Aside from live music, Broadway offers a range of entertainment options. Visitors can catch a show at one of the theaters in the area, enjoy street performances, or simply soak in the energetic ambiance.
4. Shopping: Broadway features an array of unique shops and boutiques, offering everything from cowboy boots and Western wear to country music memorabilia and handmade crafts. It’s a great place to find a special souvenir to remember your trip.
5. Nashville Landmarks: Broadway is located in the heart of downtown Nashville, making it a convenient starting point for exploring the city’s other attractions. Nearby landmarks include the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, the Ryman Auditorium, and the Johnny Cash Museum.
6. Festivals and Events: Broadway hosts various festivals and events throughout the year, attracting both locals and tourists alike. From the CMA Music Festival to the Music City New Year’s Eve Bash, there is always something happening on this lively street.
7. Party Atmosphere: Broadway is known for its energetic and lively party atmosphere. The street comes alive at night with neon lights, bustling crowds, and the sound of music pouring out of every venue. It’s a place where people come to have a good time and create unforgettable memories.
Visiting Broadway in Nashville is a must for anyone looking to experience the vibrant heart of Music City. Whether you’re a music lover, a food enthusiast, or simply want to soak in the lively atmosphere, this iconic street has something for everyone.
Final piece of advice for someone interested in Top Things to Do in Nashville with Teens: Your Ultimate Guide:
Before bidding farewell, I would like to offer one last piece of advice for those planning a trip to Nashville with teens. It is important to keep in mind that teenagers have their own unique interests and preferences. To ensure an enjoyable experience for everyone, involve your teens in the planning process. Allow them to choose some activities or attractions that align with their interests, whether it’s exploring the vibrant music scene or indulging in the local culinary delights. By involving your teens in the decision-making process, you’ll create a sense of ownership and excitement for the trip. Remember, the key to a successful family vacation is finding a balance between activities that appeal to both adults and teenagers.
With that, I bid you farewell! Enjoy your trip to Nashville and create unforgettable memories with your teens. Safe travels!